Natural Treatments For Perspiration
Perspiration is caused by the body’s need to regulate temperature. Commercial anti-perspirants block the sweat ducts under your armpits. Daily blocking, however, is not ideal because your body’s way of removing toxins is through sweat. Therefore, using anti-perspirants every day can cause longer-term health problems. Bacteria mixing with the sweat is what causes the body odor, not the sweat itself. The following deodorants will work to mask the smell.
- Baking soda neutralizes the odor of sweat. Sprinkle a light covering onto a damp cloth and pat it on. Do not rinse.
- 8 tbsp baking soda
- 8 tbsp cornstarch
- Few drops of lavender or lemon essential oils
Place the ingredients into a glass jar and shake to blend. Sprinkle a light covering of the created powder onto a cloth and pat it on. Do not rinse.
- 4 tbsp witch hazel extract
- 4 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 4 tbsp mineral water
- 1 tbsp vegetable glycerin
- Few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oils
Place the ingredients into a spray bottle and shake to blend. Spray on as needed and do not rinse.
Source: Natural Remedies, Melissa Corhill, 2011