Why To Detox
Before I begin to describe how to choose which detox program is better, I would like to share some facts:
- According to the Center for Eco Literacy:
- 77, 000 chemicals produced in North America alone. Most of these chemicals are considered toxic.
- 3,000 chemicals are added to food purposely as preservatives, taste enhancers, colors, etc.
- 10,000 chemical solvents, preservatives and emulsifiers used in food processing.
- 1,000 new chemicals are introduced each year. We use them before we understand all consequences.
- A British Medical Journal study found that up to 75% of cancers are caused by environmental factors, including chemicals (BMJ 2004;328:447).
- Columbia University School of Public Health Study estimates that 95% of cancers are caused by toxins in the diet and environment (Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev April 2011 20;571)
- According to Reuters News, a report released out of MIT suggests that heavy use of the world’s most popular herbicide, Roundup, could be linked to a range of health problems and diseases, including Parkinson’s, infertility and cancers.
Top 10 Environmental Toxins:
- Dioxins: Cancer, reproductive and developmental disorders, chloracne (a severe skin disease with acne like lesions), skin rashes, skin discoloration, excessive body hair, mild liver damage.
- Asbestos: cancer, scarring of the lung tissue, mesothelioma (a rare form of cancer).
- Heavy Metals: cancer, neurological disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, foggy head, fatigue, nausea and vomiting, abnormal hearth rhythm, damage to blood vessels.
- Chlorine: sore throat, coughing, eye and skin irritation, rapid breathing, narrowing of the bronchi, accumulation of fluid in the lungs, severe eye and skin burns, lung collapse, reactive airway dysfunction syndrome (RADS – type of asthma).
- Chloroform: cancer, potential reproductive damage, birth defects, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, liver and kidney damage.
- PCBs (Polychlorinated Biphenyls): cancer, impaired fetal development.
- Herbicides and Pesticides: cancer, Parkinson’s disease, miscarriage, nerve damage, birth defects, blocking of the absorption of food nutrients.
- Mold and other Fungal Toxins: cancer, heart disease, asthma, multiple sclerosis, diabetes.
- Phthalates: endocrine system damage.
- VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds): cancer, eye and respiratory tract irritation, headaches, visual disorders, memory impairment.
In addition to these top 10 environmental, we are constantly exposed to electromagnetic fields, pharmaceutical toxins, dental poisons (such as mercury), petrochemicals, free radicals, etc.. Toxins enter our body through respiratory system, skin and gastrointestinal tract.
What detox program is better for you?
“Doctor, which detox system would you recommend for me?” – most common question I hear when it comes to the point when a patient decides that this is the right time to get reenergized, rejuvenated and balanced.
Most detox systems are organ-specific, meaning they aim to cleanse or purify individual body systems such as the liver or colon. Though these systems provide benefits, they fail to consider the relationships between organs or organ systems. Since detoxification is a multi-step, multi-system process, single-system approaches cannot address certain toxic buildups or even worse, cause detox pathways to get clogged or congested along the elimination route.
Throughout my experience, I had learned that Detox programs that combine homeopathic and professional-grade nutraceuticals are superior and designed to clear the body of toxins and regenerate healthy tissues and cells better than other combinations. In addition, the detox system has to support Primary and Secondary pathways for drainage and elimination (demonstrated below).
Homeopathy targets and manipulates the deepest patterns of physiology including the control mechanisms in the autonomic centers of the brain. This allows for the release and mobilization of toxins harbored deep within the tissues. Homeopathy can also up-regulate energy-producing activities and open up energy flow pathways to ensure toxins move efficiently through organ systems until they are eliminated.
Nutritionals serve major functions in detoxification substrates and co-factors for the enzymes and physiological processes involved in detoxification and to help to build and regenerate healthy tissues.
Botanical and herbal remedies have the ability to alter physiological activity, such as enzymes and antioxidant processes, to be more favorable for detoxification and cellular health.
What is the importance of Asyra testing for whole body detoxification?
Asyra testing is designed to identify and target specific toxins that your body has a struggle to eliminate through a regular detox process. In addition to comprehensive detox protocol, homeopathic remedy, imprinted with Asyra testing, will unlock toxins embedded deeply in endocrine systems and vital organs. These toxins will be taken out of the body promoting healing and rejuvenation process to damaged organs and tissues.
Please refer to the diagram below provided by Enertetix to visualize drainage pathways.