Nutrition For Athletes
I have been approached a lot by my physically active patients with questions about proper nutritional supplements for their dynamic life style. Indeed, if you are constantly working out or practicing any sports, your body needs continuous specific nutritional support to help you build and support muscles as well as maintain healthy joints and energy level.
I decided to put together some information for you and try to address all your needs at once.
Vegan protein (Innate Response) is a nourishing formula crafted with a nutritionally superior form of well-absorbed, great tasting pea protein. This form of protein helps fill gaps in the diet, supports a healthy metabolism while also promoting well functioning detoxification pathways.
This formula is among the best protein supplements with the highest protein content in the professional market, but differentiates itself by not diluting its ingredients with fillers of any kind or combining with other forms of protein that could potentially pose issues for many patients. Vegan Protein does not contain rice, which is often combined with pea protein, and does not contain any forms of grains whatsoever, which makes this formula well tolerated by those with even the most severe digestive stress. This formula is an ideal addition to any person, who is looking for an ultimate musculoskeletal support.
Branched Chain Amino Acids (Pure Encapsulations) provide safe nutritional support for athletes and individuals seeking optimal lean muscle mass. The three branched chain amino acids, Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine, boost energy while helping to counteract muscle protein breakdown during exercise. In addition, the ingredients in this product promote the biosynthesis of other amino acids, nucleotides, and biological amines. Branched chain amino acids are unique in the way that they are not metabolized by the liver.
Promotes Healthy Muscle Mass:
- BCAA promotes healthy muscle mass by boosting energy metabolism in working muscle and by inhibiting protein breakdown during exercise
- BCAAs may play a role in athletic support by promoting muscle nitrogen, enhancing Alanine and Glutamine production, decreasing lactate production and boosting energy while attenuating protein breakdown. These actions help to sustain muscle work capacity and recovery. Studies have reported that post-exercise protein intake helps to enhance the repair of muscle protein. Additionally, some research has suggested that BCAAs may moderate the progression of central nervous system fatigue during exercise, supporting mental performance.
Athletic Nutrients formulation (Pure Encapsulations) is designed to support physical training and performance. It is a complete hypoallergenic, nutrient rich, highly bioavailable multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and trace element supplement. The formula combines superior mineral cofactors, activated vitamins, antioxidants and pH balanced Creatine to target endurance, energy and lessen muscle fatigue.
- Support for athletic training and physical performance
- High potency, hypo-allergenic, vegetarian formula
- Activated vitamins and superior mineral chelates for optimal absorption
- 800 mcg Metafolin(6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid (L-5-MTHF), the naturally occurring universally metabolized form of Folate
- Potassium phosphate combined with calcium and magnesium for healthy muscle function
- Copper, manganese, selenium and zinc for healthy tendons, ligaments and joints
- EnergizeATP Factors
- Kre-Alkalyn pH balanced Creatine has an enhanced stability profile allowing lower optimal dosing. Research involving endurance athletes and professional athletes indicates that it enhances ATP production and performance in working muscle, as well as lessens muscle soreness due to lactic acid.
- CoQ10 is a component of the mitochondria and plays a key role in the synthesis of ATP. In a double blind crossover study involving Finnish top-level cross-country skiers, CoQ10 supported physical performance.
- Krebs cycle intermediate Alpha Ketoglutarate acts as a key substrate for energy production, helping maximize fat and carbohydrate utilization.
Muscle Restore Complex:
- Lessens muscle soreness and fatigue with n-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC), Alpha Lipoic Acid and l-Carnosine. In a placebo-controlled high intensity exercise study, NAC promoted a healthy inflammatory balance and lessened muscle soreness.
- Power Protect Antioxidants:
- Protects muscles from oxidative stress with PowerGrape, green tea and polyphenols from mangosteen, aai, noni, pomegranate and quebracho extract.
- PowerGrape promoted plasma antioxidant capacity during competition and supported performance in a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled crossover trial involving athletes.